Saturday, July 28, 2012

Granimal Post

Human note: Gracie will be guest posting once in a while, as our namesake. Or, in her perspective, she lets us guest post the rest of the time on her blog.
Welcome to my blog, everyone!
I’ll bet you have all been wondering why I haven’t posted yet on my blog! Well, my humans have been kind of restrictive lately.

I have some anxiety issues. It’s just my nature. But every time my humans leave, I think they might never come back. Which is why I promptly must mark the house to make sure that any intruders who come after them know it is mine. My humans have informed me that this is not necessary; however, I have also discovered that marking is a great way to punish them for leaving me alone.

They devised a way to keep me in the kitchen while they frolic about without me - it is metal with white bars. Am I in prison, you may wonder? If so, my crime is only my almost illegal cuteness. Anyway, I tried marking the floor but while that displeased the humans, it did not send them into the tailspin they deserved.

So I learned how to jump the white metal bars. That’s right - all 12 pounds of me went soaring through the air and into the rest of the house. It was glorious. I laid in the living room all day and ran around the upstairs. I barked at 2 dogs who dared to walk by and a leaf that blew into my yard. Then, to show my humans that I defied their restrictions, I went upstairs and peed on Peter’s towel. They were mad when they got home and I wasn’t in the kitchen - but not nearly as mad as Peter was the next morning when he dried off with his towel after the shower.

Excellent.

Amy came home with something called a Thundershirt. 
You know I prefer to go au naturel. This Thundershirt is cramping my style.
Apparently it is supposed to make me feel less anxious. Both humans also thought it would hinder me from jumping. I also feared this. And I felt disgusted at having to wear clothes - clothes are for lesser dogs than I.

So the next day, I faced the metal bars and took a leap. I cleared them. This is a picture of me when my humans came home. If only I had a photo of their faces - they were horrified.
Haha! Foiled again, humans!


Gracie - 1. Humans - 0.

Human post-script: Yes, Gracie has beaten us on the baby gate in the kitchen. However, she hasn’t had a single accident (knock-on-wood) since we started using the Thundershirt! So we are very happy that although our tiny deer can get over every obstacle we create, she is also feeling less anxious.



No comments:

Post a Comment